Thursday, February 28, 2013

Seduced By The Dark Side




As a casual card game player and video game enthusiast, I enjoy card games that mix fantasy with rules you can easily grasp or that are simple enough to just pick up and start playing.  I never really thought of trying a Fantasy Flight Game until going to a living card game (LCG) night to explore my interests in the game since I had noticed it sitting on the shelf.  It was easy for me to get into Star Wars The Card Game since I am a Star Wars fan and have been hoping to play a collectable card game that uses all of my favorite characters.  After learning to play the game I had to grab a copy for myself and make one of two choices; join the Rebel Alliance in the fight against the Dark Side, or enlist with the Galactic Empire to crush the rebels and restore order to the galaxy.  As most Star Wars fans will tell you it is useless to resist the absolute power of the Dark Side of the Force!  My choice was to learn from the Dark Side and deploy some of my favorite characters from the Sith and Imperial Navy.  Units like:  Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Emperor Palpatine, and Vader’s TIE Fighter are at my disposal and  all of the units are extremely powerful.  I am very pleased with this game and encourage Star Wars fans and card game fans alike to pick it up and choose your destiny.


-Kurt Phillippo

No comments:

Post a Comment