Friday, March 1, 2013

Android Netrunner: Deck Tech Weyland Consortium






As the grind for regionals begins I have started designing decks that will be reliable for 60 minute tournament rounds. My HB deck is solid but tends to play the long game by constructing large data forts and waiting for the agendas to come into hand. Not wanting to take the risk on hitting time I've decided to go the fastest route possible with Weyland bag and tag.  Most players tend to agree that NBN makes better use of Scorched Earth but I love the economy and in faction ICE Weyland has to offer.  Lets take a look.




Identity:
Weyland Consortium, Building a Better World

Agendas: (13)
Hostile Takeover x3
Posted Bounty x3
Project Atlas x3
Private Security Force x3
Priority Requisition x1

Assets: (6)
Melange Mining Corp. x3

Operations: (13)
Beanstalk Royalties x3
Hedge Fund x3
Sea Source x2
Scorched Earth x3
Big Brother x2

ICE: (20)
Archer x3
Enigma x3
Wall of Static x3
Shadow x3
Hadrian's Wall x3
Data Raven x3
Hunter x2

Total : 49 cards, 12 Influence NBN.

UPDATED: Removed Closed accounts and Snare! for more tagging, added Sea Source, Big Brother, Hunter.

13 agendas can be dangerous.  The danger is somewhat lessened by 6 of them being 1 pointers and by only having one 3 pointer. A lucky runner that grabs Priority Req could win with three agendas but more than likely hes going to need to snag at least four agendas, probably five.  I kicked pad campaign in favor of a burst economy with Hostile Takeover, Beanstalks, Hedge Funds and Melange.  This deck needs money quick and early for flipping Posted Bounty and bumping traces. With winning by agenda not a priority Archer is an easy include, even with Emergency Shut Down making the rounds I should have enough cheap agendas to keep it rezzed. Enigma and Wall of Static are just solid early game ICE, cheap enough to rez turn two and subroutines to end the run.  I really like Hadrians Wall for icing my centrals, they tend to work very well with Data Ravens and Shadow by bleeding the runners credit pool.  This deck is going to have the most difficulty with Anarchs, particularly Noise. With 13 agendas Noise is going to be throwing them into the archives forcing me to heavily ice all three centrals and spread myself a little thinner than I'd like.  I'm going to grind this out Monday at Yottaquests LCG night and I'll update with any changes. 

-James

1 comment: